Hello, thanks for taking a look at my profile, my name is Matt.
Having started (bootstrapped), built & exited my own award winning firm with no outside funding, in a little over 6 years, I appreciate intimately how challenging the business owner/founder role can be, and how difficult it can be to find someone you can genuinely trust, to support you with achieving your goals, personal, professional or both. I know I did.
You can read a little more about me on this page and of course LinkedIn (feel free to connect). If you feel I may be able to first listen, then support you, I would be happy to make time to get to know & your business you a little better.
Meantime please take a more detailed look at this page, LinkedIn, or read my blog post ‘Not all advisors & consultants are created equal’ on the Succession Plus content hub.
Matt has spent over 25 years in the international business scene, having began his career in London’s financial markets operating across the UK & Europe. He relocated to Australia in 2003 to start his own firm, which he sold 7 years later, an award-winning FinTech consulting business operating across the Asia Pacific region, featuring in the BRW’s Top 100, fast growing companies list.
With real hands on experience of taking his company to an exit, a new found passion was ignited, to advising founders on growth to exit strategies. He then spent 5 years travelling the world working on and in, a variety of international business’ to observe different business models & further improve his growth & exit planning ‘best practice’ knowledge.
His work between 2020-23 included partnering with the Federal Government’s national & flagship mid-market business initiative, the ‘Entrepreneurs Program’ where over 25,000 Mid Market Australian business have accessed support & funding (of over $500m). His team drove a 14% increase in jobs, 18% increase in revenue, 32% increase in export revenue & a 83% increase in EBIT (profits) for it’s clients. A total of 3614 new jobs, $1.45 billion additional revenue, $150 million additional exports and an increase of $321 million in EBIT.
Ultimately, his services to date have been engaged in corporate enterprise, mid-market/SME & the early stage growth arena, having worked with, coached & advised, hundreds of business owners around the world, from growth to exit. With international experience from time spent living and working in the UK, US, Nordics, Europe & Asia, continuing to build upon international best practices.
Matt’s first hand experience of starting, building & successfully exiting his own company, combined with leveraging the Succession Plus frameworks & his extensive knowledge/expertise of working ‘on’ and ‘in’ a wide variety of enterprises, equips him to provide quality, relevant and invaluable advice for any business owner.
His primary passion is world travel & diving (often with Whale Sharks).
- BRW Top 100 Fast Growing Company list (Founder of award winning firm)
- 2023 Certified in the Capitaliz ‘Exit & Succession Planning’ framework for mid-market businesses
- Part of the EP team, who in 2022/23, for Mid Market Business, drove a 14% increase in jobs, 18% increase in revenue, 32% increase in export revenue & a 83% increase in EBIT (profits) for our SME clients. A total of 3614 new jobs, $1.45 billion additional revenue, $150 million additional exports and an increase of $321 million in EBIT.
- Smart Company Top 50 Innovator list (Founder)
- NFP Business of the Year (finalist team award)
- Interviewer, speaker, host for MyBusiness’ livestream educational series for SMEs
- 50 + additional business case studies, testimonials
- VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas) building houses for the poor in Central America (Costa Rica)
Skills and Expertise
- SME Exit Planning (CAPA – Capitaliz Accredited)
- Capital Raising, D.D. & Investment attraction
- Strategic planning – Operational Execution –
- Talent Strategy (including ESOP Employee Share Ownership Programs)
AusIndustry – PolarSeven (View Case Study)
AusIndustry – Forecast Global (View Case Study)
AusIndustry – HD IT (View Case Study)