Mastering Risk: How To Help Business Owners Protect Their Valuation with Wendy Shand
Watch the full interview on YouTube or listen to this episode on:
Risk expert, Wendy Shand, ignites business owners’ resilience by guiding them through the turbulent skies of uncertainty, as they navigate the ironic challenge of preparing for the unexpected in order to protect their valuation and ensure the continuity of their operations.
For Wendy, life taught her the importance of proactive risk management in the most unexpected ways. An unfortunate incident during a family holiday in France, where her young son fell into an unenclosed swimming pool, sparked her to start a travel business catering specifically to the safety needs of families with little children. But the sudden onslaught of COVID-19 led to the abrupt closure of her flourishing business. This bitter experience, coupled with the risk management training she acquired from her husband, Rob, a former fast jet pilot, shaped her understanding of risk management. Armed with this knowledge, Wendy went on to establish Impact Resilience, a venture that helps businesses navigate potential risks. By offering military-style crisis leadership training and scenario rehearsals, Impact Resilience aims to equip businesses with the tools needed to ensure minimal downtime and swift recovery during unforeseen events.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Unearth the cruciality of foresighted risk management to bulletproof your business operations.
- Acquire valuable leadership tactics to triumph over uncertainty and steer your organisation towards success.
- Realise the effectiveness of scenario drills in bolstering your crisis response framework and decision-making prowess.
- Learn to defend your investments and maintain your reputation through the meticulous use of risk management tactics.
- Get insights on seamless succession planning through a well-structured business continuity plan.
If you would like to learn more about how to start preparing your business, then you can get more information here: It All Begins with Insights.